Rolls Crescent Sports Programme 2014/15
One Goal offers a comprehensive curriculum that is delivered at Rolls Crescent Primary School in Hulme. During 2014/15 a comprehensive outdoor games and athletics programme is being delivered for all KS2 classes. The One Education coach provides a weekly one hour outdoor games lesson on the outdoor MUGA pitch for every KS2 class and a weekly age appropriate outdoor games lesson for Y2 classes.
In term 1 and term 2, KS2 children will have covered the following sports:
- Tag rugby
The following sports are on offer in the summer term,
Development of Skills
- Fundamental physical skills - travelling, balancing, jumping, hand-eye co-ordination, foot-eye co-ordination, group work
- Invasion Games - basic movements, spatial awareness, passing and receiving, dribbling, shooting, attacking, defending
- Athletics - Running technique, different throwing techniques, different jumping techniques, mini-olympics
- Cricket - basic movements, catching, throwing, bowling, battling, fielding, running, turning and throwing, match play
CPD for teachers
The school is also using this time to offer continual professional development for their teachers in physical education. During this time the teachers are team teaching with the One Goal coach during your child's PE lessons. This programme aims to offer sustainability so that teachers can deliver full PE lessons competently with the skills to adapt lessons to suit all children's needs and develop them in the areas in which are outlined below.
One Goal also offers optional lunchtime provision for one hour Monday to Friday, during which time KS2 pupils can access a variety of games activities. This provides an enjoyable structured time for children to keep active and focused at lunchtime.
Outcomes and Impact of the Coaching
- Development of physical skills (as detailed above)
- Whole child development; mentally, physically, socially and emotionally
- One Goal outcomes also aim to raise aspirations and confidence in all children and inspire them to have a bright future!
- Children working in line with all National Curriculum requirements and outcomes
- Individual child assessments to record the progress of every child
- Teacher CPD programme to support the development of the teachers and ensure a long-lasting and sustainable impact within the school