What is Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to publicly funded schools based on:
- children registered eligible for Free School Meals (FSM)
- looked after children (LAC)
- children of parents currently serving in the armed forces.
This service premium is designed to address the emotional and social well-being of these pupils. The Pupil Premium is additional to main school funding and it will be used by this school to address any underlying inequalities between children eligible by ensuring that funding reaches the pupils who need it most.
Funding for 2014 to 2015
In the 2014 to 2015 financial year, schools will receive the following funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years:
- £1,300 for primary-aged pupils
- £935 for secondary-aged pupils
Schools also receive £1,900 for each pupil who:
- has been looked after for 1 day or more
- has been adopted from care
- has left care under:
- a special guardianship order
- a residence order
- a child arrangement order
Please click on the link to the right to download the Pupil Premium Grant report for 2014-2015.